October 6, 2011

We finally made it!!!

Wow! This last month has been CrAzY! I can't believe that in the last month we moved out of our house in Biloxi, road tripped it up to Omaha, said good bye to friends and family and especially my Nessa Rose (I miss you already Nuh Nuh) and flew to GERMANY! This is just nuts!!! I can't even begin to fathom how we pulled it all off, but somehow we did and after a day of air plane rides, we made it to Ramstein!

I would like to add a side note here for a moment and thank my amazing husband Josh for not only taking me along on this journey, but holding my hand on the air plane when I was scared!

Anyway, our sponsor came to pick us up from the Ramstein air port and kindly arranged TLF (temporary lodging facility) for us on Vogelweh (another base close to Ramstein). Pretty much as soon as we drove off of Ramstein to get to Vogelweh we were on the Autobahn, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, a little scary because we went super fast but it's just another item to add to my list of gotta-get-used-to-its.

Josh and I settled in for the evening after a little running around we had to do and man were we pooped! My money would be on Josh for being a bit more tired than me because he didn't sleep on the flight at all, whereas I was able to get about 2 hours of sleep on and off. We had left on the 4th at 9:30 to get to the St. Louis air port and got into Ramstein around noon on the 5th so that's a lot of flying haha plus the time difference-shoot!

But we're here, and that's what's important! We are in for an interesting few years that's for sure! And I can't wait to share them with everyone!!!

P.S. I plan on sharing a lot of photos from our journey from Biloxi to Germany relatively soon so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment