August 27, 2012

50 Shades trilogy


Yes. I read "50 Shades of Grey." My opinion of the books goes like this: the actual story is decent. The way it was written is not.

The plot could've been developed better. It seemed to be thrown together. The sex scenes seemed to be the only part of the books that had thought put into it. A lot of thought. It's almost like E.L. James would get writer's block for the actual story and just throw in more sex. Beyond that, the relationship between main characters seems to go nowhere fast. Doesn't she realize how he feels about her? Why doesn't he understand how fascinating she finds him. It gets old quick.

Now that I've completely bashed the book, I will say that there are a few good parts. Seeing how the characters start in the first book, compared to how they end up in the last one is interesting enough. It certainly wasn't a difficult read. Would I recommend this book? Probably not, but you'll probably read it if you're really wanting to whether it comes recommended or not, am I right? I won't judge you too harshly, after all I read them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment