August 3, 2012

I had myself an ah-ha moment

Shortly after Cole was born, our friends Sarah and Tim (and of course Ben) dropped by for a visit. Sarah and I were chatting about how crazy different everything is after you have a baby. She had said how she couldn't remember what it was like to just get herself ready and out the door. I nodded politely in agreement, but honestly we hadn't really gone anywhere with Cole at that point.

Now I get it. Now, I am nodding my head vigorously to you Sarah! I was having my morning coffee today and realized my son is only 9 weeks old. That's it. It feels like he should be so much older than he is, but it also seems like time has gone by so quickly. Kinda like when Friday never seems to get here soon enough and when it finally does, you think "Man, this week has just flown by."

I really don't remember what it was like B.C. (before Cole haha), but that's a good thing. I love being a mom. Cole has grown in so many ways. Yeah, he's a huge baby, and only getting bigger, but he is also developing such a fun personality. I love waking up everyday and chatting with him, or singing songs, or reading a book. He is so interested in everything around him, especially momma's hair!

I don't know how it happened, but this child of mine is a morning person. Josh and I-not so much. I wish I was a morning person. I feel like my day is way more productive when I get a lot of stuff done before noon, it's a competition I have with myself to see how much I can get done. An added bonus of having Cole is that I'm forced to be a morning person, and I like that.

Now for the photo section of my little blog. Excuse the poor quality of these photos, they were taken on my phone, but I just wanted to share! I love my flesh baby and my fur baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment