February 22, 2013

The Niedermohr House

It's been almost three months since we moved off base, a first in my Air Force wife career, so I thought I'd share some photos of our house! I've always wanted to live in a house with a spiral staircase, and I can officially check that one off my bucket list! We also have a "guest house" to go with our main house, which just makes me feel super cool. Oh, and a special thank you to Joey Lennemann and Stephanie Bishop for helping us move, we couldn't have done it without you guys sorry it's taken so long to properly thank you.


Going clockwise from the top left:
  • Our house! If you go up the stairs, you'll find yourself in our main house. If you decided to go down the stairs, you'll be in the guest house!
  • Kitchen. Much smaller than the kitchen we had on base, but it does what it's supposed to.
  • Living room and dining room.
  • The loft. Where I'm typing this very post-woo!
  • Spiral staircase. This is my favorite part of the whole house!!!
  • The guest house. There is a storage room, a bedroom, a living area (pictured) and a small kitchen down there.
So far we love this house, and we especially love our landlady. When we first moved to Germany, we heard horror stories of people who lived off base, and had horrible renting experiences, especially when it came to dealing with landlords. Our landlady has been amazing, she even held our house for over a month for us-wow! I'll be even more over the moon when we finally have everything unpacked, including everything down in our guest house. Whenever that happens, I'll hopefully be posting more photos. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment