March 19, 2013

I'm a fink and I'm sorry

Things got a little crazy yesterday, so I was unable to post about our happy holiday like I had planned.

I had mentioned in my last post, my corned beef was a success. I decided not to do cabbage this year, I really have to be in the mood for it. Did I mention I'm the only one that had it? Josh isn't a corned beef kinda guy, and Cole called it an early night so he didn't get a chance to try a little piece. Hopefully when I have my leftovers Cole will be awake to give it a little try.

Josh surprised me with a St. Patrick's day gift and gave me a Nexus 7, and I'm already obsessed with it! I can see why he loves his tablet so much. A good portion of my tablet's memory is being put to good use, with oodles of books I will hopefully be going through in a jiffy.

 My last hair cut was probably March...of last year. I could say I don't have the time, and it wouldn't be that far-fetched, but it wouldn't be that honest either. Getting my hair cut makes me anxious. There have only been a handful of times that I have actually liked my hair cut. I just couldn't put it off any longer. As many of my fellow mommies (maybe even daddies) know, long hair and babies just don't mix. I had about 7 inches chopped off and I couldn't be happier! What do you think?!

Sorry about the terrible quality, these were taken on my phone.
As to why I didn't keep my promise (sorry again!), I usually do my blogging during the day when Cole is taking a nap. Yesterday I had an appointment to get my hair cut. When Cole and I got home, I noticed it was a little cold in our house, and as it turns out the gas company didn't refill the tank (for the second month in a row). So in trying to figure out all of that, and dealing with a cranky, cold baby, my afternoon filled up.

Corned Beef (Minus the Cabbage)
1 corned beef brisket (flat cut is best), about 3 pounds
seasoning packet
water or beer

Rinse the brisket before cooking. Place fat side up in dutch oven fill with about 3/4" water. Sprinkle seasoning packet over brisket. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for about 3 hours or until tender. Internal temperature should be around 160 degrees. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.  Easy peasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment