June 22, 2013

Strawberry, Kiwi, and Mango Smoothie


First of all, sorry it took me so long to post this drink. I feel like a recipe hoarder. This last week has been so hot, I couldn't face coming upstairs to grab a pen, let alone trying to sit a spell to blog. We have finally cooled off a bit-thank goodness, and I am typing as fast as my fingers will allow me!

Last weekend, Josh and I made our way to the commissary to use up the last of my WIC checks. In case you aren't familiar, I would receive 3 checks each month. Two of my checks are for milk, eggs, brown rice, juice, that sort of thing. The last check is my favorite. I get $10 worth of fresh produce! That's where we got those giant strawberries!


Remember a week ago, I said I wanted to try adding more drink recipes to the mix? This smoothie is in the mix. Oh man, is it in the mix! It's a great summer drink, completely refreshing, please, please try this, you won't regret it!

Ingredients:
1 cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 kiwi
1/2-3/4 cup cubed mango
1/4 cup apple juice
ice
sugar-optional

In a blender, combine the fruit and juice until smooth. Add in desired amount of ice (I like plenty of ice, so I added about 8 cubes, I think). At this point, I poured a small cup for Cole and he sucked down half of it before I finished making mine! It's safe to say, my kid is a smoothie (and fruit) freak! I added a scant tablespoon of sugar. Voila, your done! For a little extra zip, maybe try adding coconut or pineapple rum!



No comments:

Post a Comment