July 22, 2013

Trying something new on the blog

For a while now, I have been wanting to do a new series on my blog of things I've been "loving lately." I think sometimes it's nice just to take a step back and enjoy the little things, and maybe share a few of them. Hopefully I'll be able to make this a Monday thing, because let's face it, Monday's could use a little love. Plus, I like lists.


 Loving lately:
  • It may be hot (and we don't have air conditioning) but I love looking outside and seeing the beautiful blue sky. It's so cloudy here, I just need to remember in a few months I'll be craving this sunlight.
  • Josh surprised me with a new water bottle and it's amazing! It keeps my water cold all day! Another bonus of this water bottle: I feel like I've been drinking a lot more water with it! 
  • Even though it's summer, I still have to have my coffee, and it tastes even better when Cole is down for a nap. Strange coincidence right?
  • Nessa has been through so much with me. She's finally starting to warm up to Cole, I think they'll be best friends soon enough!
  • With all of my furniture rearranging, I felt like my bathroom decor needed a makeover as well. I looked countless times online for the perfect shower curtain, and I couldn't find one that I knew I wouldn't get sick of in a month. When Josh and I went to the BX the other day, it kind of hit me that the reason all those other curtains didn't work was because they were too busy. I like things simple, what's more simple than a white shower curtain?! I paired it with some pink and white towels we had in storage. 
  • Because of the weather, I made myself a temporary blogging cubicle. Also, my desk is super tiny, so it's fun to stretch out a little!
  • The Euro store (aka Kik) provided us with more amazing finds! We got an indoor bocce ball set. I can't wait to use it on a rainy or snowy day when we're stuck inside. We also bought 3 new canvas photos for our living room, a Coleden-sized chair, and a swing. All that for less than 40 Euro!
  • Smoothies*. I promised I'd post more drink recipes, and that turned into smoothie recipes. I don't mind, do you?!
*Blueberry, Strawberry, Spinach, and Pineapple Smoothie
Ingredients:
applejuice
1/2 cup blueberries
3/4 cup strawberries
3/4 cup spinach
3/4 cup pineapple
honey (optional)

I'm guessing on the amounts. I just tossed in handfuls of everything. Blend until smooth and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment