May 14, 2012

Mountain Apple Cobbler

Don't you love finding new recipes to try?! I especially love recipes that have an unexpected surprise ingredient. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it as soon as possible. I had no idea how it would turn out, but when the timer had about 15 minutes left, Josh was commenting on how great the aroma was (which he never does) so I had high hopes for this dessert.

Ingredients:
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 large Granny Smith apples-peeled, cored, and cut into 8 wedges each
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle of Mountain Dew (that's right!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13 inch baking dish
2. Unroll the crescent roll dough, and separate the sheets into individual triangles. Roll each apple wedge into a triangle of dough, and place them into the baking dish seam side down.
3. Mix the melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl, and spoon evenly over the dough-wrapped apple slices. Pour the soda over the rolls.
4. Bake until the top is browned, the apples are cooked through, and cobbler is bubbling, 40-50 minutes.
5. Let cool for a few minutes. I spooned them out so that the bottom wouldn't get soggy but that is completely up to you! Other than that, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment