May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Lady!


I've been thinking about this post for a few weeks now. I wanted it to express how much I love my mom and how much she means to me. That's when I realized that it doesn't matter what I say, it'll never be enough. My mom has done so much for me that I'll never be able to repay her or thank her enough. The kicker of it all is that because she is my mom, she'll never have that expectation of me.

I love my mom. She is my best friend, and I'm proud to say that. There aren't too many people in this world that you can say anything (and I mean anything) to and they won't judge you or ridicule you for your statements. When I was growing up, it didn't matter what I wanted to try, she always supported what I wanted to do.

Now that I'm about to become a mommy, our relationship has grown to a new level. We get to bond over this pregnancy and this precious baby inside me. I used to ask her all sorts of questions when I was younger about when I was in her tummy, it was fascinating. I'm just now starting to understand and appreciate what she went through so that I could be here, and (fingers crossed) soon enough I'll have the full idea.

So, thank you mom. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all you have done for me.You are the Lorelai to my Rory. If I can be half the mother you've been, I'll consider myself very successful. I love you Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment