July 25, 2013

Pepperoni Pizza Muffins


To say my husband likes pizza is an understatement. Josh could easily eat pizza everyday and have no problem with it. We both like trying new things, so I've made it a sort of pet project of mine to find as many different forms of pizza that I can. Enter the pepperoni pizza muffin. This has already become my favorite non-pizza pizza dish I've found so far. It's so simple and quick AND filling, which we appreciate.

Ingredients:
3 cups biscuit/baking mix
1 can pizza sauce
3/4 cup water
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup diced or mini pepperoni
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Combine ingredients, mixing until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups* (not quite to the top). Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!

See how easy this is?! If you like a lot of sauce, you can use a second can of pizza sauce for dipping (I'd heat it up though).

*I use silicon muffin cups, and still use a muffin pan for the sake of simplicity.

Recipe adapted from Allrecipes iPhone app. I tried finding it online but wasn't successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment