August 27, 2013

Can you feel it?

Autumn is in the air. I've woken up a few times in the last week to a chilly house. I haven't had to put socks on yet, but I refuse to until at least September. I'm ready for cooler weather, but I won't give into winter that easily.

People seem more pleasant in the fall, maybe it's because they aren't miserable from the temperature (high or low). It's simply my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the colors, the apparel, the football, and the food.


I could've sworn I posted this recipe a while ago, but when I went to make it a few days ago, it was nowhere to be found. Well, it's here now! I had been in search for a great banana bread, and thanks to allrecipes.com, I found my go-to.

Ingredients:
Bread
4-5 ripe bananas (I've used 3 in a pinch and it tasted fine)
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Topping
2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan. 
  2. Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork, set aside. Place remaining 2 (or 3) bananas in a separate bowl with 1 cup sugar and beat the bananas and sugar until creamed and fluffy. Add melted butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
  3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and stir the flour mixture into banana-sugar mixture. Fold in mashed bananas. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any air pockets. Stir 2 teaspoons sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top of the loaf.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 37 minutes, rotate and bake addition 37 minutes until bread is golden brown on top and set in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Feel free to add nuts to the mixture, we don't because Cole likes to eat this with us and he doesn't eat nuts yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment