August 29, 2013

Biscuits and Gravy

I'm a breakfast food person. I like the rebellious nature of breakfast food, you know like, "I'm breakfast food, but I like being served at night!" That kind of thing.



Growing up, my mom made the best biscuits and gravy. It always felt like a special day when she made it. We loved it so much we started having it on Christmas morning, a tradition I've continued with my own little family. It's so simple too!

Ingredients:
1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage (we get regular)
1 can refrigerated biscuits
milk
flour 
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven according to biscuit instructions. Once oven is preheated, pop the biscuits in (bake like normal). Start browning the sausage, drain if necessary. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, flour, and spices*. Add milk/flour mixture to sausage (your heat should be on low-medium). Depending on how runny you like your gravy, you may need to add more milk/flour. When you've reached your ideal gravy thickness, serve on biscuits and enjoy!

*For every 1-1 1/2 cups milk, add 1 tablespoon of flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment