November 8, 2013

Photo Friday!

Happy Friday everyone!

Day 2: In my cup. Coffee. Always coffee. I especially love drinking coffee while I peruse old cookbooks. Now that I have our Thanksgiving menu planned out, I can start looking for fun new Christmas recipes.
Day 3: Candles. I don't know about you, but I've never burned a candle all the way down. Until now. About 5 minutes after I took this photo, my candle went out. Next time, I'll get a larger candle.
 Day 4: Yellow. They won't be yellow much longer, but that's what makes the best banana bread!
Day 5: 5 o'clock. It gets dark quick here, so lighting isn't great. At 5 o'clock, we were watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Cole watched almost the whole thing too! And yes, I'm watching Christmas movies with my son before Thanksgiving. It's one of the few perks of Josh being gone, he's the holiday enforcer in our family. 
Day 6: Something new. He was supposed to get his hair cut while we were back in Omaha, but we ran out of time. Josh does a far better job of cutting Cole's hair, but since he's unavailable, and I'm not good with scissors, I buzzed him. I love it, but I liked his long hair too.
Day 7: Circles. On November 7, 2008, Josh asked me to be his wife. This is my favorite set of circles, and I wear them proudly.
Day 8: Orange. Do you know how difficult it is to find cute Thanksgiving outfits for boys?! Very. Very difficult. Now I have two outfits for Coleden on Turkey Day!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I've purchased nearly all of my groceries (minus the fresh items) for the big day, and started organizing and timing out my day. Does anyone else get super excited about cooking for this holiday? Oh, and I can't forget to mention my excitement for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I love this time of year!!! Have you started planning/shopping?!

No comments:

Post a Comment