December 11, 2013

Loving Lately

Wow, it's been a long time since my last Loving Lately post. It's been a long time in general since I've done a proper blog post-sorry about that. Life has been happening over here, big time.

Let's get started, shall we?! Josh has been gone for over a month, and I'm surprised to say that that first month actually went by pretty quick. Now, we are down to 137 days, or 19 weeks, OR 4 months and 16 days. Not that I'm counting or anything...

Apparently St. Nicholas Day was this past Friday. For whatever reason, I always think it's the 8th, not the 6th. Thank goodness St. Nicholas got our letter, explaining that we got our dates mixed up. Our shoes were set out and our dear friend made a special trip just for us! Cole loves his new steering wheel, but was more excited about the clementines! Nessa was pretty excited at the site of those happy little oranges too. We are big on fruit at our house.


Shortly after Josh left, I started watching Once Upon a Time. Do you watch it?! Oh my gosh, if you don't, you need to start. I'm completely caught up, and I must say, Hook is totally my favorite. First of all, Peter Pan was my favorite Disney movie growing up. I feel like I was already inclined to like him regardless, but wow. Just wow. He is nice to look at. Wow. :)


 I checked the mail earlier this week, and to my delighted surprise, I had a couple Christmas gifts from Josh! One of which, I thought was addressed to me, so I started to open it (it was a pretty generic box, i.e. not from Amazon) I looked inside to find the word Nikon on a box, and immediately shut the lid. Definitely wasn't supposed to see that! I messaged Josh to let him know, and he said I could go ahead and open it. Inside the box, I found a brand new lens for our camera! I can't wait to put it to good use! Best. Gift. Ever.

^normal lens
 ^super cool zoom lens!

Keep an eye out in the near future for my new favorite (and if I may add, accidental discovery) holiday cookie recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment