January 22, 2014

Loving Lately

Man, it has been a long while since I have done a Loving Lately. Let's begin!

To start, there has been a language explosion at my house. I love how much my son is talking right now! We take turns counting to three and then we both yell "GO!" That's his favorite part. Cole knows I have a monitor and can hear him when he's in his crib, so when he wakes up he'll say "heh-lllloooowww," repeatedly until I say hello back through the intercom, to which he responds with "HI!" and incoherent jabbering. This week I got him to say "cheese" for pictures, and the irony of that isn't lost on me.


Birds Nests! This little snack brings back so many memories for me, I just love them. I've wanted to make these bad boys for almost two weeks and now that I've made them, I wish I would've done it sooner. Also, I wish I would've purchased more milk, these are great with milk (or soymilk)! They are also dairy, and nut free.


Ingredients:
1 large can chow mein noodles
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (if you don't need it to be dairy-free, you can use milk)
3/4 cup sunbutter (or peanut butter if you don't need it to be peanut-free)
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)

In a medium/large bowl, melt chocolate chips and sunbutter together in the microwave in 1 minute increments until smooth. Add the noodles, mix evenly until well coated. Drop large spoonful onto wax paper. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving, so nests can set. ENJOY!


If this deployment has taught me anything, it's that I watch a lot of television. I'm completely caught up with every show I've started since Josh left. I needed a new show, my beautiful friend Katie raves about Sherlock, so I finally watched it. All three seasons. In a week. To be fair, there are only three episodes per season, and in true BBC fashion, a Christmas special (this one is only like 7 or 8 minutes long, but for the people that have watched this show from the beginning, that had to be the best 7 or 8 minutes in two years). Gotta love the BBC. I thought Robert Downey Jr. did a pretty good job as Sherlock Holmes, but Benedict Cumberbatch absolutely knocks it out of the park. Don't get me started on Martin Freeman and his amazingness as Dr. John Watson. The chemistry between these two is ridiculous. Watch this show. 


One more thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment