January 8, 2014

The first week!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration. Cole and I got super crazy and ate oyster crackers AND pretzels-whoa! We also decided to have a superhero movie marathon. We started with Thor, and that is where the evening ended for my little party animal. He saw Loki and decided nothing could top that, so we celebrated "midnight" at 7 o'clock, and then he went to bed.

Now that it was down to just me, I decided I needed to at least stay awake until Josh was celebrating the new year, meaning I had to stay up until 10. I actually had to make coffee. Don't be jealous of how exciting I am.

The last two years, I can't recall ever hearing fireworks before midnight. Not this time. As soon as it was dark, people were lighting 'em off. As soon as we entered the new year, BOOM! Like any parent of a small child, I was more than a little nervous of whether or not my child was going to wake up, or even worse start freaking out. 12:30 rolled around and fireworks were still going strong, but my sweet boy slumbered on. It wasn't until almost 1 o'clock (when they're supposed to cease) that my child woke. Typical.

When we woke up, our movie marathon continued. Really it was just background noise, we were too busy chasing Nessa, playing hide and seek, and eating sunbutter and honey sandwiches. I love these relaxed, fun days.

Here's to a great 2014!

 ^I love how happy he is to be wearing this pink Happy New Year "hat." There were other colors, but I let him pick which one. Really.




No comments:

Post a Comment