February 18, 2014

Greetings from Omaha!

Hello! Cole and I have officially been stateside for a week. It feels like we've only been here for a split second, this time is flying by. I have received a lot of questions about our travels, so I will try to sum it up as quickly and nicely as I can.

How was the flight?
The first leg of our trip took us into Baltimore. I hope to do a post very soon about our experiences with Space-A (flying on a military plane) versus commercial flying, so any military families looking to fly will have a personal account. The flight itself was what you would expect an 8 1/2 hour flight to be...long. Cole did very well, and I was given so much help, and I can't even begin to express how much those small gestures of kindness meant to me.  I'm very lucky to have family that live in the Baltimore/D.C. area. We stayed overnight with my Aunt Margie, and flew out the next morning on a direct flight to Omaha. That shorter flight was a little more difficult because my child was in serious need of a nap. Once he fell asleep it was a great flight, but those first 30 minutes were killer.

Jetlag?
Oh yes. The jetlag. How could I forget about the jetlag? When Josh and I came to Omaha in October, it felt like it only took us a day to get used to the new timezone. This time around, I'm still struggling to stay up past 9pm. Cole seems to be doing alright, but we're all on his schedule anyway!

What was the reason for your trip?
My beautiful cousin, Chrissy, is getting married, and she very kindly asked me to be a bridesmaid.

You made the trip just for a wedding (yes, I really have gotten this question)?
First of all, I don't think of it as just a wedding. This has been an event a long time in the making, and I am so unbelievably happy for my cousin. Second, if you know me, you know I love a good wedding, in fact, some people might say I'm a little obsessive.

How's Germany?
Germany is a lot nicer than cold Nebraska at the moment! Up to when I left for the states, it hadn't snowed yet in Germany. I get here and what a shock to the system that was. I've been told, it's actually nice compared to what it has been. I will very gladly take credit for the warm weather I brought with me from the Deutchland. Germany friends, if you are experiencing awful weather, I have nothing to do with it, please disregard my previous statement. :)

I think that about covers the most common questions I've received. Hopefully I'll be able to pop in again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment