March 14, 2014

Coleden Levi visits Washington D.C.


The last leg of our trip took us back to Maryland to stay with my Uncle Willy and Aunt Margie (thank you again for allowing us to stay for such a long time!). There are a few things I learned during my stay: 1. Uncle Willy (who is a pediatrician) was very patient with me while I asked him a million questions regarding Cole, 2. Aunt Margie responds to "Babe" better than her own name (that's what my cousin Jaime and her children call her) and I absolutely love that, 3. Coleden loved hanging out with Uncle Al and Neil, and 4. I can't wait to come back in October with Josh, so he can finally experience D.C.!  

Since we weren't that far from D.C., we took two day trips to our nation's capital. The first day, we did a walking tour of the monuments during the day, and then Uncle Willy drove us around to see the sights by night!
 Okay, it looks like this lady is just stretching, but she was in fact doing yoga...outside of the Lincoln Memorial. Who does that?! So stinkin' cool.
 Coleden at the Lincoln Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
 
Washington Monument
 Korean War Memorial
 I love taking pictures of flags!
 I was a little obsessed with these people! What a neat idea for pictures! Also, I love that you can see the Washington Monument from almost anywhere!
Vietnam Memorial
 Vietnam Women's Memorial
 World War II Memorial
World War I Memorial
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial with Jefferson Memorial in the background
Just outside the Old Post Office 
 Sunset on the Potomac
Jefferson Memorial at night. I think this might be my favorite picture!
 The Capitol Building

Our second day in D.C. was spent at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum!
 Cole checking out air plane tires
 Learning how pistons work
 Coleden and Babe learning how light works
 Coleden and (Honorary Uncle) Neil. I love that Neil is sneaking one of Cole's snacks, and Cole didn't even notice!
My cool boy with his shades on this beautiful day!
Cole and I in front of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History. The Ruby Slippers are in there!
 To think, when Josh and I are out and about, we just hold hands. Now I know better, he should be helping me carry my purse!
 Cole and Neil walking along with the Capitol Building straight ahead of them
Neil, Cole, and Babe having a blast walking back to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment