April 11, 2014

Coleden Levi gets a big boy bed!

Last Thursday I received a call saying that Cole's toddler bed had finally come in. I wasn't able to pick it up that day, but had planned on picking it up on Friday. I decided to wait on putting it together until Josh got home from his deployment (which is less than three weeks away!). The main reason I wanted to wait was so Josh could experience this huge milestone with Cole, instead of just hearing about it. Not to take away the significance of Josh's paternal experiences, but another reason I wanted to wait was this project seemed like it would be a two person job.

The plan was to go pick it up once Cole finished his nap, but I woke up Friday morning not feeling 100%, so I thought maybe I'd wait until the next day. I treated myself to a little snooze while Cole napped. Nessa decided to join me, but kept stepping on my ankles. I sat up fully intending to just move her, when I see that Nessa is, in fact, laying on Josh's pillow, and the culprit was my very awake little boy. He managed to climb out of his crib, open his door, and walk over to my side of the bed. Silently. Very silently. Too silently. He's a ninja.

Guess we're going to go pick up that bed today after all. I could only hope that the box would fit in my car. I called customer service and she was doubtful that it would fit and when I asked her the measurements, she told me 50 inches...no other numbers, just 50 inches. Well, okay. I'll spare you the suspense (you know you're on pins and needles), and share that the box fit no problem. It was maybe a foot wide and 4 or 5 inches tall, as well as 50 inches long. A kind gentleman loaded it into my car for me. Now I just have to get it home and put it all together, while keeping my child out of it and assembling it before his bedtime. Is that all?! 

The instructions consisted of 3 photos. There were 29 pieces of wood, as well as all the parts. Once I figured out how it was supposed to go together, I got to work. It took me about 45 minutes to put it all together. You know what I learned? It was definitely a two person job. For sure.

 Had to put his pal Dorian in bed.
 "I think this bed will do!"
Ta-da!
 He tucked himself in...
And then decided to tuck all of his other stuffed animals in, and give them all kisses. He knows how to melt my heart!

This bed is officially put together, and quite well, if I do say so myself. It's sporting the new bedding Babe got Cole. He loves climbing in and out and even (yikes) jumping off of his new bed. I'm in the process of finishing up some new artwork, we're doing a Marvel theme! I can't wait to share pictures of the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment