June 6, 2014

National Doughnut Day AND Photo Friday!

What better way to start the weekend than with a couple of tasty doughnuts! Josh had a mock PT test this morning, so naturally when he came home to shower, I had a couple doughnuts waiting for him, I'm a great wife that way. Glad the mock went good, Josh!


For the doughnuts, I followed this recipe, and used a chocolate glaze that consisted of 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 Tbsp. soymilk, and 1 c. powdered sugar. Mix and dip warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven doughnuts, let cool a quick (okay, not so quick) minute, and enjoy!

In other news, Photo Friday is back! I decided that this time, instead of having a specific photo for a particular day, I'd make a list and pick whatever appeals to me.


Day 1: Toes. It's June! It's June, and it has been beautiful here! Beautiful enough to walk around barefoot, which is one of my favorite things to experience. I hope the sunny days keep up, after seeing this photo, it occurs to me that I'm in need of a tan. Pasty feet for the win!
Day 2: Recent purchase. When my dad was still in town, we went to a wine and brandy tasting, but the place was also a small Christmas and souvenir shop. Since Dad bought us a bottle of brandy, naturally, he couldn't leave Cole out. Solution: a very cute Noah's Ark puzzle!
Day 3: Shadow. My little Peter Pan was one tough cookie to snap a photo of. He was as excited as I was for a little Vitamin D!
Day 4: Fun. Cole and I have summer weekdays filled with fun ahead of us. I felt like we were in a bit of a rut, and came across a few pins for summer schedules, it was just what we needed! We were having a "Wet & Wild Wednesday" and Cole had a blast!
Day 5: Sun. Did I mention it's been sunny?! It's also been pretty rainy too...in the afternoon. As long as we get outside in the morning, before the afternoon showers start, we're solid. 
Day 6: Refreshing. I gave Cole one of the chocolate doughnuts. You can tell he liked it by the chocolate on his forehead and eyebrow (and everywhere the cup is blocking). I've never seen him enjoy milk as much as he did this morning.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend, make doughnuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment