July 31, 2014

Cruising the Mediterranean-Day 8 Barcelona

We have officially arrived to the final day of our cruise! Everything was packed up the night before, and someone from the cruise came and got our checked luggage. Really, this day was just making sure we didn't leave anything behind, getting on a bus, then to the airport, and finally arriving home.

Josh signed us up for a bus tour of Barcelona before we headed to the airport. When I think bus tour, I think it's going to consist of us sitting on a bus the whole time. I didn't realize we would be doing a bit of walking. It's not bad, we were able to see a lot more because of it, but I did not wear the correct shoes for city hiking. Lesson learned.

We saw Barcelona Olympic Park, Casa Batllo, Gaudi Cathedral, Catedral de Barcelona, and I mustn't forget Cole's favorite part: the pigeons.

 A Barcelona Landscape. You can see the Gaudi Cathedral, right in the middle!
 One last look at the Mediterranean and The Norwegian Epic.
 Cole decided he wanted to wear footies this day, we rolled with it.
 These three photos were taken at Olympic park.
 Arenas de Barcelona. This used to be where the bullfighting happened, now, it's a recreational complex.
 Okay, this is one of the coolest things about this city. They connect benches to their beautiful street lights.
 One of Gaudi's masterpieces, the Casa Batllo is absolutely amazing!
Did you know this building isn't actually called the Gaudi Cathedral? I didn't. Our tour guide kept going on about Sagrada Familia, and I had no idea what he was talking about. I also didn't realize that this building has been under construction since 1882, and probably won't be finished for another 12-15 years. 
I love everything about this church. We didn't have time to go inside, and we weren't properly attired. I say "we," but Josh and Cole were fine, my shoulders were exposed and I didn't have a wrap or scarf. Darn it. Maybe another time.
 Cole is a pacifier ninja, he can find one anywhere (this one is his by the way, he didn't just find it on a street somewhere).
 I love these two so much!




 The Catedral de Barcelona is a gothic-style chuch, that once again we didn't go in because of my scandalous shoulders. 
Do you know what's super fun? Chasing after pigeons. 'Nuff said.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment