November 25, 2014

First post from New Mexico!


Hello all! I've been in New Mexico for almost 2 weeks and I am excited to get back to the old blog.


My amazing mom kindly flew down with Cole and I, and stayed for a week to help us unpack, get settled in, and of course, watch some Gilmore Girls. We still have a ways to go before we're completely done unpacking, but with my mom's help, we were able to get a lot more done-thanks Mom!


I love our new house, we have a back yard that's fenced in (that's pretty new for Cole), and a few parks within walking distance that we've already spent a lot of time at. So far, I'm really loving it here. You can look in almost any direction and see mountains! I know a lot of people will say there isn't a lot to do around here, and maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I like the slower pace of everything down here.


As for Cole, he has been such a trooper through this whole PCS. I'm in awe of his ability to go with the flow. Change doesn't seem to frighten him, I wish I had his courage. When he walked into his new room for the first time, the look on his face when he saw all of his stuff was absolutely priceless. It was like Christmas had come early. He couldn't decide what he wanted to play with first!


Baby Trout 2.0 is a little mover and shaker. I'm 19 weeks, soon to be 20 on Thanksgiving. We have an appointment to meet with a doctor next week, the last appointment I had was in Germany when I was only 9 weeks along, so Josh and I are pretty excited for this appointment to make sure all is well. Hopefully we'll be able to have our anatomy scan during this appointment, but that's not set in stone just yet, keep your fingers crossed for us please.

I have been getting a lot of questions about Nessa Rose, and what we're doing with her. First, we didn't get rid of her! Second, we weren't sure how she was going to do down here. She is a very curious pup, and I was nervous about black widows and scorpions, I've seen neither so far, thank goodness. Our original plan was to have whichever set of parents comes down to visit first (that drives), bring her down. After seeing how many stickers and thorns there are all over the place, we thought it was best for her to stay in Omaha. Third, I have the best parents in the world. They very generously offered to keep Nessa for us until we return to Nebraska.


As for Josh and I, we are happy to be rejoined, and starting this new chapter. We've been busy planning our Thanksgiving feast, and it's been so nice to make plans knowing we have a big kitchen, an American sized oven, and that Josh will be here with us this year-that's my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment