December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Seasons greetings everyone! I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone happy holidays.

We didn't get around to sending our Christmas cards out this year, sorry about that. Between doctor's appointments, a nasty stomach bug that hit our house, and life in general; we just plum forgot to send out cards. I love our card this year so much, I didn't want it to go unshared:


This year we started a few new traditions, and I can't wait for Cole's brother to get here so we can include him in these traditions! Coloring by Christmas tree light has become one of our favorite past times. I prefer to color on paper, Cole is more of a free spirit and thinks coloring on the floor is where the fun is at. To each his own I guess. We also decided that Saturday nights are perfect for hot chocolate, cuddles, and Christmas movies. We watched "The Santa Clause," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carrey one)," "The Polar Express," and the "The Santa Clause 2." Cole's favorite part was the hot chocolate, St. Nicholas even brought Cole his very own mug!


Beyond our new traditions, we've also spent time reading our favorite Christmas books, baking, sword fights with wrapping paper tubes, learning about baby Jesus (more on that in a second), and displaying our Christmassy artwork. It's been a busy holiday for us!



I know these aren't the best quality photos, they were all taken from my phone, but we've been so busy trying to make fun memories, that taking pictures has really taken a back seat (I can't decide if I like that or not...).

As for our advent calendar, Josh and I searched several stores and couldn't find a single children's advent, you know the chocolate ones, and I wasn't about to spend $10+ on one from Amazon. After a little Pinterest search, I found this free printable advent calendar, and it is way better than anything we could've found in a store! We chose to do it with Hershey kisses, but the nice thing about this calendar is, you can do it any way you want. Julie from Happy Home Fairy even goes so far as to share different ways of using the advent. Our family will definitely be using this calendar from now on!

From my family to yours, we wish you a merry and safe Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment