June 22, 2015

It's that time of year again!

My posts have been few and far between, and it's been a long time since I've done a non-baby related post, so I thought I'd change things up today!

This last week has been a busy one. With less than 75 days left before Josh goes on terminal leave (simply put, we are done with the Air Force and heading for Omaha ahead of schedule), I'm feeling a little bit behind in my planning. This time last year, I had already organized my to-do lists based on category and priority. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, we're not moving across the world, just a few states over.

Even with all the planning I did, we still PCS'd from Germany 500 pounds over our limit! How does that even happen?! Since the day we had our stuff delivered in New Mexico we've been trying to lessen our load. We don't have a choice, we need to get rid of at least 500 pounds worth of stuff, and we added a crib, mattress, and dresser for our newest family member. So, in all reality we have 500+ pounds to get rid of...yikes!

I was browsing Pinterest the other day for ideas to better organize and prepare myself for our move, and I came across the best piece moving of advice from White House Black Shutters: Have less stuff. Okay, I already knew we needed to do that (did I mention we were 500+ pounds over our weight limit?!), but the way Ann Marie breaks it down is exactly what I needed to see to really kickstart the rest of our house purge. Apparently it's what Josh needed too, because as soon as I showed him the post, we were on the same page, and got to work. Our favorite piece of advice: "You are not a store and do not need to save stuff 'just in case.'" We are completely guilty of this.

We have now rid ourselves of all unnecessary kitchen supplies. I wanted to start with an easy room, and with all the cooking we do, it was easy to go through and realistically get rid of stuff we haven't used in ages, or at all. If you know me, you know I'm a snowball cleaner, once I start with a simple task, it warms me up to the bigger stuff, and that's exactly how I'm approaching this purge/move.

Sorry there are no pictures, I wanted to drop in real quick, share a thought, and pop back out. I think this may be the future of my blogging, at least for a little while. Until I'm able to get back to regular posting, you can keep up on our day-to-day happenings on Instagram (my username is lindsey_trout). It's mostly pictures of my babes, but in all reality, that's mostly what this blog has become. Instagram is much easier to do one-handed, while breastfeeding. Just sayin'.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment