August 1, 2015

Fight Club

The first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club. The second rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club.



I decided after reading Tuesdays with Morrie, I needed something different. What could be more different than Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club? I have only seen the movie one time, and that was when Josh and I first started dating (we've been together almost 11 years, so needless to say, it's been a while), so I knew the plot twist. I do think, had I not seen the movie, I would've been surprised.

It seems like it always takes me a few chapters to figure out the author's writing style and adjust to it. This one definitely jumps around a bit, but it's easy enough to catch on. Overall, I liked the book. I just found out that there is a Fight Club 2, it's a series of comic books that started being released this year, so I may check them out, when they're finished at the end of the year.

Now excuse me while I go watch Fight Club, and then not talk about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment