July 20, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie


I just finished Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I knew going into this book that I'd cry reading it. I'm a crier, that's how I am. What I hadn't prepared for was how fond I became of someone I'll never have the pleasure of meeting.

Morrie Schwartz made me think about life in a way I've never thought about it before. Don't you love books that, once you finish them, they make you feel like you could be a better person? I'm not sure how I hadn't read this book before, but I'm glad that I have now. Albom's writing was not only easy to follow, but I felt like I was in Morrie's study with the two of them, listening to this wise man explain life.

There are so many amazing quotes to take away from this book, among my favorite:
  • Death ends a life, not a relationship
  • Invest in the human family. Invest in people. Build a lttle community of those you love and who love you.
  • You can't substitute material things for love, or for gentleness, or for tenderness, or for a sense of comradeship. 
  • You should be with the person you're with...I am talking to you. I am thinking about you.
  • Don't let go too soon, but don't hang on too long.
  • When you learn how to die, you learn how to live.


If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment