August 16, 2017

Update Time!

How is it the middle of August already?! Shoot.

I have officially trooped 3 events since getting my membership with the Rebels. Sand in the City, Monday Night at the Movies, and O! Comic Con. All three were totally different experiences, which makes it more fun.

Sand in the City was a great first troop. I hung out in the shade with my fellow Rebels and a couple Shoretroopers, like sane people. Josh and the other fools (love you, Afton) donning black head-to-toe decided they were tough enough to walk around in the sun. Chumps. Overall, it was a nice day, there was a decent breeze, and with sand whipping around, I made a new friend/human sand shield in Bryan. Thanks, Cheeto!

Monday Night at the Movies was hot, humid, and there was ZERO breeze. We weren't even sure we were going to be able to troop because of the weather. We made it though, and if I hadn't learned it from Sand in the City, I definitely learned here, HYDRATE OR DIE!

O! Comic Con was my first indoor troop, and my first long troop, 5 hours. It was 5 hours of fun though! So much fun, we took the boys the next day, and then I trooped another 5 hours on Sunday. I met Ray Park, and learned I shouldn't be allowed to meet famous people. ZERO. CHILL. He was so great though, and I'm glad I was given the opportunity to meet him! He swung MY staff around. My life is complete.

This weekend will be my first parade, and I'm so excited to suit up again. It's been over a month, and I'm itching to troop!

I need to track down some pictures, and once I do, I'll add them to this post. Or not. I don't know. At least I updated this thing 😊 You can always look me up on Instagram (lindsey_trout), I try to post stuff on there, to include Ray Park's amazingness with my staff, and my son meeting/being terrified by Bossk.


No comments:

Post a Comment