February 28, 2011

Biloxi or Bust!

I have FINALLY arrived in Biloxi...back on February 18th! I have been wanting to get everyone up to date on the Great Biloxi Move, but without an internet connection it proved to be a little difficult! 

Anyway, my mom, Nessa Rose, and I headed out, after a teary good-bye with my dad, for the first half of our VERY long drive. Our goal was Jonesboro, Arkansas; and we made it but not before taking the advice of a certain father-in-law of mine to try a short cut that actually put us almost an hour and a half behind schedule; to his credit, if we had taken the correct truck route we would have saved a lot of time I'm sure, what we failed to realize was there were 2 truck routes and more importantly 2 VERY confused women. Oh well; you live, you learn.
We call it an early night and wake up extra early the next morning to head out to reach our final destination: Biloxi! Seven hours later we pull up to D'lberville which is just outside of Biloxi and we are at a stand still. To my horror, there is construction work on the bridge (that goes over the Bay of Biloxi) which is now down to one lane and its of course we arrive during the lunch rush! I just want to see my husband and see the Gulf is that too much to ask?! 
Apparently it is. We finally escape the treacherous bridge debacle to find ourselves looking out onto...nothing. Why can't I see the Gulf you may be thinking, well let me inform you that we do pass the Gulf on our way to my new home; however what I hadn't prepared for was the fog. Yep that's the only reason I couldn't see the Gulf, which was less than satisfying because I could see the dumb Bay of Biloxi (and for a long period of time I might add...stupid construction) But its fine, Josh is going to meet us at the house so I can finally see him, this is going to be great!!!

Or not. Out of the two of us, I am always the tardy one...always. I don't know why but no matter how hard I try to be on time for something, I just don't have that ability. But not that day, I was precisely on time; even with the ridiculous traffic I fought through. The best part?! Josh asked me to call him when we got to D'lberville so he could meet us at the house and we wouldn't be waiting around...good thinking, execution...lacking.

While we were waiting for Josh (which by the way I would rather be the late party because it is really annoying having to wait for people-just saying) my mom and I put Nessa in the backyard and checked out the exterior of my beautiful new home!

The moment I waited almost 2 months for! I finally saw my husband!!! I can't describe how I was feeling because there were way too many emotions at once! But happy was up there quite a ways! 

The next few days flew past us we had so much we had to do, so much we wanted to see, and his dad and my mom were there so we had to enjoy the last few moments we would have with our parents before they went home.

Now, that the exciting part is over; I am left in my new home with nothing but a near future filled with unpacking boxes! But I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world because I am finally with my husband! I am so proud of him and what he is doing for our country, and for our family! 

I am so lucky to have this amazing man in my life! I love you darling, you are one of a kind and I am so proud to call you mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment