March 8, 2011

Dining Out

Josh and I attended our first Dining Out and what an experience that turned out to be!

First, I would just like to point out that I was actually on time. That being said, this story may now proceed. The Dining Out was held on a very rainy March 5, in fact, we were under a tornado watch until 4pm. 


I started getting ready around noon, not because it would take me 5 hours to get ready but I was determined to be on time, this is after all, a military event; and promptness is an expectation. Also, I needed a new game plan for my hair since it was rainy and therefore humid. That's right, I did my own hair, and my own makeup, go me! 


When I was completely finished, I had to wait for Josh for a change! Well to make a long story short we went and picked up our friend Ciera and when she was getting into the car, Josh noticed she had her stripes and decided we had to go ALL the way home so he could get his, making us late!


It really doesn't matter what I do, I am ALWAYS late! Even when it's not my fault-late! As a result, Ciera rightfully nominated Josh to go to the Grog bowl and partake! This particular Grog bowl was a concoction of Mt. Dew; blue, green, yellow, and red Kool-Aid; half a container of Nesquik, and Strawberry Rum.

Later in an unofficial nomination Josh sent Ciera to the bowl claiming that because she adapted a puppy earlier that afternoon it was her fault we were late! The girl that sat next to me during dinner was not in semi-formal dress *tsk, tsk! She was wearing a BLUE shirt (crazy right?!), she told me she intended to go buy her white shirt earlier that day but because of the rain they were in a lightning lock-down, so she wasn't able to get her shirt AND had to borrow her blue shirt because she sent both of hers to the cleaners. So, let this be a lesson to us all, not to procrastinate and certainly not to send both sets of blues to the cleaners at once! To the Grog bowl with her!


There was a guest speaker as well as a band, pretty much what I had expected, and as we were leaving for the night the Squadron Commander actually complimented ME! He said I had a "stunning dress!!!" That made my night! So all-in-all, a very successful night! I look forward to many more Dining Out experiences in the future!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment