March 12, 2012

French Toast


I absolutely love french toast but for some reason I was never able to master it, until now. I found a recipe on allrecipes and I finally found my perfect match! Who knew that all I needed to add was a little flour? It makes all the difference. I don't know if it's the pregnancy or what, but I am obsessed with confectioners sugar. French toast is perfect for confectioners sugar if you didn't know.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon white sugar
12 thick slices bread

Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, slowly whisk in the milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth. 
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. 
3. Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
4. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment