April 26, 2012

One of those (good) days...

Do you ever have those days when you sit back and realize how truly blessed you are? Josh and I were making supper last night (pancakes and sausage if you're interested) and my back started to hurt a bit; I was leaning up against the counter trying to take the pressure off my back when Josh came over and started rubbing it to make it feel better. If that wasn't thoughtful enough, he started making jokes to make me laugh and suddenly stopped and said humor is what's going to get me through the labor. I never thought about it, but he's absolutely right.

When he said that, it made me love him even more because he gets it. He knows me better than anyone else, so it's really no surprise that he'd figure out how to help me cope with pain I've never experienced before. He knows just what to say to put me at ease. There is nothing more I could ask for in my birthing coach, my best friend, my life partner, my husband.

I love you Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment