May 8, 2012

37 weeks, full term, and ready to go!

Wow. I was pregnant back in September, can you believe it?! Now it's almost over, and I'm about to be a mom. It could be today, tomorrow, two weeks from now; who knows when. It's kind of like a mini training in patience and being able to think on your feet.

While we wait it out, Josh and I have used our time to complete Etcha's room, well to the best of our abilities. There are still a few things we need to get, but should our precious babe make his appearance in the near future, we'll be equipped well enough that he'll be comfortable.


I'm proud to say that a good portion of the decor in Etcha's room is DIY. I don't know if you've looked at baby decor lately, but it's pretty generic, expensive and none of it was exactly what I was envisioning. I figure if I have the ability to make some of the decorations, why not give it a try. I was able to make the window valance, crib skirt, both paintings, and the robot bank. We ordered the wall decals from Etsy (love, love, love Etsy). Josh did a beautiful job of hanging all the decals, he was super clever and added a left over gear decal to an old clock we already had. I love how it all came out.

This past Saturday marked my final baby shower. Thank you again to my wonderful Air Force family for making it an afternoon I won't forget anytime soon. I'm so grateful to have these amazing women as my support system over here, and I can't thank them enough for all they do for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment