May 2, 2012

I can't believe it's May already!


Holy smokes! I'm due this month. I just can't believe it. This is unreal, in a very short while, I'm going to be someone's mommy, and I can't stop smiling when I think about it.

Josh and I had our 36 week appointment yesterday, and it went beautifully! Major Pam said that at this point they're considering me term even though I'm not 37 weeks, which I took to mean she thinks it could be any day now! Will it be? Probably not, but it's giving me hope! Major Pam also told us that she thinks the baby will weigh in just over 7 pounds. It's amazing how much she can tell just by holding my belly a certain way.

I'm pretty confident that by our next appointment for centering (which is just 2 weeks from yesterday) Josh and I will be the only ones left. Our group isn't that big and a majority of the members come and go as they please. Really there are only 3 of us that constantly show up, one of the ladies has scheduled her c-section (she's had a previous c-section otherwise she'd be waiting it out like the rest of us) for the day before our next appointment. The other lady is already experiencing contractions, they're just not close enough together to do anything. That leaves me. Oh well. This babe is coming when he chooses to and that's okay with me. I'm dying to meet him, but I'd rather do it on his terms.

In other news, I had my second baby shower Saturday, this time around there were no "life-threatening storms" in the area. Oh Nebraska, how I miss you sometimes! Josh and I are so grateful to everyone that showed up. I'm so excited for this baby, he isn't even born yet, and so many people are showing their love for him. He's one lucky kiddo. I think out of everything we received (thank you to everyone by the way) I was most touched that Gina, Josh's mom, sent us a bunch of his old baby stuff. I would've never thought to hang on to some of Etcha's baby clothes, but I know I'm going to now!

No comments:

Post a Comment