December 3, 2012

The start of our Christmas traditions

For as long as I can remember, my family has always put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. This year, plans changed. Josh, Coleden, Nessa and I are moving off base next week. It would be a little silly to put our tree up, just to take it back down to move. So, our tree will have to wait just a little while longer to make it's appearance.


Speaking of traditions that require a little tweaking; every year my Dad and I pick a Sunday in December to watch "White Christmas" and have his chicken in the oven (one of these days I'll get around to posting this super easy recipe). Last year was the first year I didn't get to watch it with him because Josh and I had just arrived in Germany. We still set our date and each made our chicken in the oven. It'll never be quite the same without my Dad, but now I have a son to share this beautiful tradition with. Thank you Papa for introducing these wonderful traditions that my son will be able to enjoy for years to come.

Didn't you always want that feathery fan?! I know I did!!!

What Christmas activities are part of your family's traditions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment