February 1, 2013

Quinoa Cereal

I should start this post off by saying that I've never tried quinoa before. Having said that, there is a box of quinoa in my cupboard that's been there for a couple of months. I've been wanting to try it, but I haven't found the right recipe, until today. A few days ago I was on Pinterest trying to find a quinoa recipe that I'd actually try and I came across this recipe and I gotta say, it didn't disappoint.


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups skim milk
  • 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa
  • 2 teaspoons honey (the recipe called for maple syrup, but I didn't have any, so I improvised)
  • Pinch of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • Sliced banana
Directions:
Bring milk and quinoa to a boil in a small saucepan.
Simmer, covered, until most of milk is absorbed, about 14 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in honey, cinnamon, and raspberries.
Top with bananas. I drizzled a little extra honey on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment