July 18, 2013

"Apple" Cinnamon Quinoa

 
It's been a while since I dipped my toes into the the quinoa pool. I was in a bit of a breakfast rut and needed something a little different. I rinsed and prepped my quinoa like normal, but instead of using water to cook it in, I used apple juice. In case you haven't noticed from my drink recipes as of late, I am obsessed with apple juice right now. It's just a great base for so many things!

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa
coconut oil
2 cups apple juice
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
pinch of sugar (optional)

Rinse quinoa. Make sure you rinse in cool water for at least 2 minutes with a fine mesh strainer. On medium heat, melt a little coconut oil, add drained quinoa and cook for about a minute so any excess water evaporates. Add apple juice and cinnamon (and sugar) and cook covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for a few minutes. Remove lid, give it a good stir and serve. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment