July 19, 2013

Snowball cleaning, do you do it too?!


There is something about a freshly made bed that sparks a cleaning frenzy in me. I think maybe it's because making the bed is such a simple task that can spruce up a room in less than 5 minutes, which makes me want to take on just one more easy 5 minute task, which leads to me rearranging our entire main floor. Okay, maybe not everyone snowball cleans/rearranges, but it's what gets things done around our house!

I'm totally, and completely the kind of person that needs to rearrange furniture frequently. I can't help it, it's in my DNA. For whatever reason, it's also imprinted in me that I have to do it when Josh isn't home. 1. I like surprising him. 2. I don't want to ask him to help me after he's been working all day. 3. When I want it done, I want it done right now.

This past week has been spent completely rearranging our main floor. I moved a buffet, our entertainment center, dining room table, couch, and then moved the couch back because the cable for our television doesn't reach to where I was wanting to move it (where the couch is), so I found a new, new place for the entertainment center. For one crazy moment I realized I hadn't taken a "before" photo and thought of putting it all back, but quickly changed my mind. Thank goodness. I love the way everything turned out. There are still a few things I want to get moved, but considering I was only going to make the bed, I think I have earned the afternoon off, well until Cole wakes up from his nap.


Speaking of Cole, he really seems to love the new arrangement. He has a lot more space to run around. Did I mention Cole is not only walking now, to include standing up on his own, but he has learned to move his little legs fast enough to call it running. That was a quick transition!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment