July 1, 2014

Cruising the Mediterranean-Day 1

Josh, Cole, and I got back to Germany Sunday night, and I'm excited to share the adventures we had on our vacation! None of us had ever been on a cruise before, unless Cole has a secret life I don't know about. We didn't know what to expect, but that's always the best, isn't it? We were ready to have an amazing experience and that's exactly what we had. Since there is so much to share, I'm going to break everything up over the next few days. This was our schedule:

 

Day 1:

We made our way to Frankfurt around mid-morning Sunday (the 22nd) and because this is Germany (Germany on a Sunday that is), we met zero traffic. Our vacation was off to a great start! When we checked our bags, we found out the flight wasn’t fully booked. Cole was able to get his own seat (for free-woo!), which also meant we didn’t have to check his car seat-BONUS! 

Cole has flown several times now, without any issue; that streak stopped on our way to Barcelona. The take-off was so shaky, Cole was white knuckling his car seat and at one point started crying. I went against the rules and took him out of his seat because he started screaming bloody murder, it was all he needed, he wrapped an arm around Josh’s and my neck as if we were life boats. I’ve never seen him this scared, it made me tear up a bit. The landing wasn’t much better, but at least he didn’t need to be picked up. 

The Norwegian Epic team was kindly waiting to transfer us to the ship. With check-in, and the life boat drill completed, our evening was free so we did a little wandering around. This place is easy to get lost in, it's huge! I’m so glad we chose to get a room with a balcony, we spent a lot of time out there! It is so soothing to feel the breeze on your face and hear the waves crashing against the boat. I never realized those candles with the scent “ocean breeze” were so true to form. 

As our first day of vacation came to an end, we were more excited than ever to see what was in store for us.

 First family selfie on the shuttle from the holiday parking to the airport.
 Our flight was an hour and a half and Lufthansa gave us sandwiches instead of boring old pretzels!
 I think these are the French Alps, but don't hold me to that.
You might remember this one from yesterday's Photo-A-Day, but I like it so much I'm sharing it again!
 On our way to the ship! Please note the creepy eye in the upper right hand corner...
 It was just Josh, but the creepy factor is still there.
There's the Norwegian Epic!
 Selfie from our balcony. This day may lead you to think all we did was take pictures of ourselves, but the other days we didn't take many photos of ourselves.
 He's totally my son!
 Selfie near the pool. Josh thought I was a nerd for wearing a tank top that had anchors on it, but I think I was just getting into the spirit of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment