August 12, 2014

Loving Lately

I haven't done a Loving Lately post in quite some time, so let's get to it!
  • You know it's autumn when you see a bunch of squash, pumpkins and gourds at the grocery store! I can't even get over how much I love this. Josh thought I was a crazy person for taking pictures at the commissary, but they are so pretty, why wouldn't you take a picture?!
  • Speaking of fall, it's been chilly around here! The kind of chilly that goes well with sweatshirts and cozy socks. It seems like the coolness has come a lot sooner this year than last year, and I couldn't be happier!
  • We discovered a walking/biking trail near our house shortly after we moved off base, but it was only a couple of days ago that we took Cole out of his stroller and let him stretch his legs too. I don't think we'll ever get him to ride the whole time again. He loved running ahead of his dad, and seeing the goats, chickens, and ducks.
  • I'm really going to miss this trail, it's a nice little walk. My Uncle Tim (love you!) so kindly pointed out, that I needn't fret, there are walking trails in America. I can't wait to get to New Mexico and find our new favorite trail!
  • Cole. Well, I love him always, but lately he has been so funny. He's really into copying what he sees, especially from cartoons. 
    • We watched "Cinderella" the other day, and when her stepsisters ripped her dress and leave, and she runs away crying he yelled "NOOO!" at the television and then pretended to cry, then looked back and me and smiled. I guess he wanted me to know that he wasn't really sad. 
    • Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Trout, Cole has some cool new Mickey Mouse pajamas (among the huge stack of new clothes). I put him in them this morning because it was chilly (they're long sleeved with fleece pants), and he started saying "Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse."  He's never said that before. 
      • I put Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on right after that and when Mickey came on the screen he looked at me and started pointing to his shirt with a big grin. 
      • The episode we watched they were camping, so we made our own tent, Cole liked hanging out under it, I think it made him feel stealthy. 
      • You should see him do the Hot Dog Dance. It's awesome.
    •  He tucks his pal Dorian (a doll) in bed and gives him a bottle and then a kiss.
  • It's almost time for us to move! I've enjoyed our time here in Germany, but the thought of seeing family and friends and the adventures in store for us at Holloman have made me ready to skedaddle. Soon enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment