January 30, 2015

Photo Friday, golden birthday fun, and a surprise guest!

Wow it's crazy how much can happen in a week. First of all, thank you for all the birthday love! Usually, I'm so excited to celebrate my birthday, but this year, I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it. I would've thought that it being my golden birthday, I'd be celebrating longer than my normal week, but I just couldn't get excited about it.

Last Thursday night, Josh got called into work, he ended up working past 9 o'clock. I was trying my hardest to stay awake, but this pregnant mama was struggling. Just as I was about to call it a night, I hear the front door opening. When I looked over to greet Josh, a different person met my glance. My mom strolled through the door!

If you know me, you know I'm kind of hard to surprise. I love being surprised, but for some reason, I end up ruining it. Every. Single. Time. Not this time. Josh and my parents really got me, and no one believed that I had no idea. I couldn't stop crying, I was so happy. I feel so blessed that the people I'm closest to know not only how to brighten my spirits, but also know that they needed a lift to begin with.

Saturday, we went bowling. Our friends Shelby, Billy, and Sophia surprised me with a beautiful birthday cake!  Later that night we played "Cards Against Humanity," if this was any indication of how my birthday week was going to be, I was in for a birthday to remember!

My actual birthday was spent sleeping in a little, hitting IHOP for breakfast, then making the hour trip to Las Cruces to hit the mall there (there really isn't much of a mall here), and enjoying Dippin' Dots and Olive Garden, before heading back home. The rest of the day was spent just hanging with a few of my favorite people. Oh and it was 70 degrees ON MY BIRTHDAY! That has never happened to me, and will probably never happen again. I soaked up as much of that glorious sunshine while I could.

 One of our family photo outtakes
The beautiful drive to Las Cruces includes scenic mountains and white sands
I didn't realize how much I missed Dippin' Dots, so good!
 My birthday dates
My other birthday date
Take home birthday tirimisu from Olive Garden! One of the many surprises I recieved from Josh, my new dehydrator. He also got me a wine cooler and the essential oils I've had my eye on. Seriously, my husband is pretty awesome!

Wednesday was my mom's last full day here, so we hit up the Old Apple Barn. Guys, this is one of the cutest little stores I've ever been to. It's basically a little nostalgia shop, but you can also get fudge, pies, apple and cherry ciders, and assorted types of nuts. My favorite part was the cider, you can get it in a bottle, or they also serve it in slushie form!

I'm pretty sure he would've drank that whole thing by himself if we let him haha
 I love that you can see the white sands in the distance
 My Mama is way braver than me!
Me and my love!


So, like I said before, it's crazy how much can happen in a week! With that being said, I still have a Photo Friday to share!

Day 24: Best invention ever. Airplanes. Airplanes are the best! They brought my mom down here and I still can't believe I got to spend my birthday with her! Thank you Mom, Dad, and Josh!

Day 25: Cloud 9. I love my boys, and I can't wait to see Josh with one more added to the mix. Cole asks me at least once every morning, "Where Daddy?" They are two peas in a pod, and I love seeing the love between them. 

Day 26: Home. 1. Don't you love how Josh's car is displayed?! 2. It looks like there's a tiny circus in our back yard. 3. The blue skies here are unreal sometimes. I think it's my favorite thing about living here. 4. Gotta love base housing and our neighbor's garage door being a different color than ours!

Day 27: Birthday. Wow. I am 27. It's still sounds foreign to me, but then saying I was 26 sounded funny too. In typical Trout family photo fashion, I am the only one looking at the camera. I really hope this next kid takes after me, and actually looks at the camera for more than a split second. 

Day 28: Letter "D." This one slipped my mind. Can we just count the "D" in the signs behind us? You may also notice, Josh is looking at the camera! Baby steps, baby steps.

Day 29: Street. This was taken on our way back from the Old Apple Barn and I can't get enough of just how beautiful this view is! 

Day 30: In my bag. It's super exciting, I know. If I hadn't cleaned my purse out earlier this week, you would've also found a couple of toys, old shopping lists, and a few receipts. If we're running errands and I know we'll be gone for a while, I might also toss an orange in the bag as well.

Day 31: Goal. I really want to make as many memories in New Mexico as we can, before we move back to Omaha in October.

I'm also celebrating 4 years of blogging! It's crazy to think that when I started this blog, I was still living in Omaha, Josh and I were childless, had never been to Europe, or New Mexico. Yet, here we are, living in New Mexico, expecting our second child, and we have great memories from our time in Germany. Life's pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment