March 27, 2015

37 weeks! Feeling excited!!!

Toes are gone, and it's yoga pants from here on out!

Yesterday I officially reached full-term in this pregnancy! How did I celebrate? I cleaned. I cleaned like I've never cleaned before. I don't think I could've stopped if I wanted to. I don't remember going through this with Cole, and I really didn't mind it. It was nice to have the energy to do more than my normal cleaning routine.

When I'm not cleaning like a crazy person, I've been putting the finishing touches on my "L&D" folder. I've got the basics, like my birthing plan; but I've also included a list of essential oils I want to try using, a list of quotes/verses to help inspire me, and a few passages I highlighted from Ina May's Guide to Childbirth to keep me motivated. 

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of birth plans. I think you end up putting a lot of thought and effort in how you want your labor to be, and something always changes the game plan. I felt this way with Cole, but was still told I needed to have one when I went to the hospital. I did as I was asked, and almost nothing went according to my "plan." This time around, I haven't been asked to do a birth plan, but I chose to write out a few things, not so much for the hospital staff's sake, but as a reminder of the different things I want to try, like positions, and essential oil use.

Speaking of essential oils, I've done so much research on essential oils, and I hope they work as well as the articles I've read say they do. I'm bringing along bergamot, clary sage, frankincense, lavender, lime, peppermint, and orange. I've also packed some coconut oil to use, along with one those scent bugs from Bath and Body Works (I don't think they even make them anymore, which is a bummer) that we plan to diffuse some of the oils with.

Over the last few months, I've been pinning inspirational quotes and bible verses on Pinterest. I've typed them up and stuck them in my folder to peruse at the hospital as needed. I did the same for my favorite parts from Ina May's book. Maybe I'll read all the prose I'm bringing with me, maybe I'll read none of it, regardless, knowing I have it as an option is reassuring to me and that can only mean positive things, right?!

The only thing I have left on my checklist, is have the baby! Okay, now back to cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment