November 29, 2011

Last post of November!

Wow! Sorry it’s been a while; we’ve been moving in and giving thanks. But now I’m back in action and have so much to share!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving and was able to watch the Macy’s Parade!!! Josh and I had a pretty successful attempt at Thanksgiving dinner!!! I was worried that we weren’t going to have enough time, but all of our stuff came out promptly! I guess planning a month in advance really does help!

Josh and I might be thousands of miles from home, but there seems to be one tradition that holds true on Thanksgiving: a food item was forgotten; in our case it was the cranberry sauce. The sad part is, I had it prepared, and put it in the refrigerator so it would be chilled and then I forgot about it. I do think it’s pretty funny that both of our sides have something they forget each year, and I feel like I’ve earned a rightful place in the Thanksgiving Food Forgetters Club! What will I forget next year?!

Forgetfulness aside, I would have to say the best part of my Thanksgiving was that I got to Skype with my family! Especially my Grandma! It was her first time video chatting and she quickly became a pro! I guess if I can’t be with my family for a holiday, the next best thing would be to see them all huddled around a computer screen just to say hey!

Now I’m in full Christmas mode! The most exciting thing so far about the Christmas season is that I have access to the Omaha radio station Star 104.5, so I can listen to Christmas music and catch a little news from home all at once!!! It may not sound like much, but you’d be surprised at how many things we don’t have access to over here.

Now for baby news, or better yet my FAQ:
·       I am 14 weeks and 2 days as of today
·       No morning sickness and yes I am thankful!
·       We do plan on finding out what gender the baby is
·       There are a few names we like, but we’re still looking
·       There have been a few cravings but nothing that strange I don’t think; for a while I couldn’t get enough macaroni and cheese, then tater tots, now its anybody’s guess
·       Not much progress being made in the nursery, but we’re still not fully moved in, hopefully soon
·       Still deciding on whether to register through Amazon or Babies R Us
I think I answered all of the questions I’ve been asked! Thank you all for your interest and concern, I feel so loved!!!

Is it strange that I’m not as curious as I thought I’d be as to what the baby’s gender is?! Sure I’d like to know, but the suspense isn’t killing me like I thought it would be hmm… Any guesses on your end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment