November 2, 2011

We're having a baby!

If you haven’t heard yet, we’re PREGNANT!!! In an attempt to get everyone up to speed at the same time here goes nothing!

Let’s start with the technicalities; I am 10 weeks along. We are due May 27, 2012. We found out when we were visiting everyone back home! I’m doing pretty well, no morning sickness or nausea (thank goodness!), besides having to use the restroom every 5 minutes; the only other symptom I’ve really experienced is fatigue. I’ve had a few food aversions nothing too dramatic.

Because I hadn’t been experiencing any of the “normal” pregnancy behaviors I had pretty much convinced myself that I was having a hysterical pregnancy, and thanks to yesterday’s appointment I’m happy to say our baby is right on track and doing well!

While we were back home visiting, I went and visited my Kids Network kids and staff, and one of the more unusual children from the program came up and gave me a hug, then took a step away from me staring at my stomach and asked me if there was a baby in there! I didn’t know at the time so I just said no I had a big lunch (which was true) and he looked at my stomach again and asked me if I was sure. Wow, out of the mouths of babes…

We found out a few days later, but I will never forget that one of my Morton kids had guessed my pregnancy before I even knew!

As for gender preferences, I think we both are stubbornly hoping for a girl, since all of our friends from Keesler are having Biloxi Boys and we just want try something new, but really we will just be happy with a healthy baby!

I think that’s about it, thank you to everyone for your well wishes, if I have forgotten anything leave me a comment or Facebook me! I can’t wait to see how this adventure plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment